Telecom Tech Outlook Weekly Brief
Be first to read the latest tech news, Industry Leader's Insights, and CIO interviews of medium and large enterprises exclusively from Telecom Tech Outlook
In today's high tech world, latency is a significant competitive disadvantage for enterprises. No doubt, businesses are now looking for solutions to overcome the latency factor. Have a look at the benefits of SD-WAN to deal with network latency.
FREMONT, CA: Speed has become the basic necessity in the life of every individual. People want everything fast—fast cars, fast food and of course, fast internet. The word 'waiting' is no less than a death sentence for people. Evolving technologies like Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) has facilitated the businesses to work faster and efficiently and provide services to their customers and business partners more quickly.
Software-Defined WAN technology distributes network traffic throughout wide area networks that use SDN i.e., software-defined networking to find out the most convenient route to and from data center sites and branch offices. Certain management software performs network hardware virtualization similar to the virtualization of data center operations by hypervisors and other components.
A wide area network (WAN) refers to a network comprised of comprehensive geographical footprint in contrast to a local area network (LAN). The software control mechanism embedded in SD-WAN handles all distinct geographic pieces of the WAN for supporting the enterprises and other stakeholders in boosting their performance and efficiency.
The SD-WAN assist WANS to manage network traffic with particular protocols, simultaneously offering a user-intuitive interface. They also help in maintaining privacy by providing assistance to features such as gateways, firewalls and virtual private network tools. It also helps with backup and recovery, redundancy, and troubleshooting.
Following are some of the reasons to choose managed SD-WAN:
1. Bringing Agility in Business: SD-WAN promotes the quick deployment of WAN services like firewall and bandwidth. This enables the enterprises to delegate their work to their different branches without sending any IT personnel. This managed service allows installations to start right away while the enterprises reaping the privileges of the service providers' vast and geographically dispersed employees.
Besides, the managed service provider has also developed a repeatable and standardized installation methodology that possess the features of being fast and is also continuously being refined based on the experience of the staff of service providers. The SD-WAN service provider can also avoid or minimize the configuration errors and typical glitches that are responsible for slowing down of complex rollout. With the evolving business requirements, bandwidth can be reduced or added effortlessly, thus giving an opportunity to the organization a competitive edge over the other companies.
2. Management: SD-WAN enables service providers, who are responsible for controlling the complete end-to-end WAN infrastructure, to implement the advanced automated monitoring, performance, and management optimization methods, down to the person application. Besides, most of the organizations are currently handling numerous vendor relationships. The speed of SD-WAN makes the deployment of WAN services simple and fast. SD-WAN services provide traffic monitoring and automated setup, making them easy to handle.
3. Internet Economics: The additional layer of reliability offered by SD-WAN, ensures the wider availability and quick deployment of internet connectivity. SD-WAN enables the enterprises to have access to MPLS circuits at very low cost, thus offering them credible, secure, and reliable WAN service to the companies at affordable rates.
4. Migration to Hybrid WAN: An organization can continue enjoying the privileges of deploying SD-WAN solutions without bringing any change in its existing MPLS network. With the support of SD-WAN, the enterprise can drift the traffic growth towards an internet-bandwidth, which is more cost-effective.
5. Cloud Architecture Optimization: SD-WAN enables cloud-based applications to connect easily and quickly through network optimization. It eradicates the traditional MPLS networks' backhaul penalties, thus providing secure, and enhanced performance connection to the cloud. SD-WAN has helped in improving the experiences regarding the usage of cloud or SaaS-based applications.
6. Geography: The SD-WAN services providers help organizations having the multi-continental and multi-national network to deal with its international partners and stitch together global WAN.
The above benefits clearly show the extent SD-WAN is transforming the network paradigm. As IT leaders are tapping into the next generation, it is a critical time to set the right foundations regarding the SD-WAN infrastructure.
However, if you would like to share the information in this article, you may use the link below: